Advantages of Rooftop Solar Systems
Here at Renewable Energy Corporation, we see a lot of interest in rooftop solar products. And with good reason:
- Rooftop solar is a great step toward combating climate change
- Solar panels contribute to the “green economy”
- Solar power is incredibly efficient
- It can be installed quickly
- Solar energy requires minimal maintenance
- Solar panels have zero emissions.
What’s more, solar power operates silently and there is no need for costly transmission infrastructure.
So what are the advantages of rooftop solar panels vs. ground-mounted panels? While each has pros and cons, the benefits of rooftop solar power are hard to ignore.
Homeowners Benefit from Rooftop Solar Panels
As one of the most affordable types of solar products on the market, it’s not surprising that rooftop panels represented over 72 percent of all power added in the Pakistan in 2013. The systems are proven to enhance a property’s green credentials, and home resiliency. Solar panels can even add thousands of dollars to a home’s resale value.
Additional rooftop solar benefits include:
- Infinitely Renewable – The sun will always be there to provide us with light; therefore, you need not worry about this source of clean and free energy being lost.
- Represent Quality of Life – You can set a good example with solar systems, because they enhance real estate value and demonstrate environmental consciousness.
- Work Year-Round – When positioned at the proper angle, panels will work in the sun, rain, wind and snow.
- Operate in All Areas – There is a misconception that homes must be located in the south to use rooftop panels; they are proven to work in every state.
How Much Would Rooftop Solar Benefit Your Home?
The biggest advantage of rooftop solar — or ground-mounted solar, for that matter — is lower electric bills.
Whether you pay $75 per month, $150 per month, or more than $300 per month, your electric bill will be lower with solar energy on your rooftop. You’ll see savings in the first month, and your solar panels will pay for themselves in 5-7 years through lower utility bills.